||This list comprises of Assamese root words. Size of the Assamese Root Word List is 15,750 words
1. These Assamese NLP resources including the Tools and Applications are developed
during Research and Development Projects as well as Masters and Ph.D. thesis
2. These are mainly developed or generated at Gauhati University Department of
Computer Science and Department of Information Technology.
3. These resources are used by students and researchers for further studies, researches, as
well as for design and development of tools and applications.
4. Computational Linguistics in Assamese is not rich, and Natural Language Processing
works have mainly started during last two decades, and most of the resources are first
generation resources, and with ample scope for upgrading, enriching, and purifying.
5. These are very good and essential resources for all the researchers in Assamese NLP, as
the language requires more and more NLP works to make Assamese a rich media for
the digital world.
6. Anyone interested, or in need of such resources may express their interest for the
required resources, and the way of availability will be advised/informed accordingly.
7. These are purely research materials and could only be used for further research only.
8. Researchers may visit the NLP Lab of Department of Information Technology, Gauhati
University, Guwahati, India or contact us.
9. Researchers interested in collaborative works, and also students for project works, are
10. Contact person is Professor Shikhar Kr. Sarma, Department of Information
Technology, Gauhati University, Guwahati 781014, Assam, India. Email-